TotheTooth

food and me..

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

ButterNut Squash

A few weeks ago I was at a party where someone had brought oven-roasted
butternut squash. They were absolutely delish. Except for the Zuchini
or an occasional yellow squash, I usually dont linger around in the squash
aisle, but when I saw a packet of chopped butternut squash at Trader Joe's
yesterday I knew I had to try them.
I tossed the squash in some butter and sprinkled Brown sugar and salt
and stuck it in the oven for about 40 minutes, 350'F. They were gorgeous
and really yummy and so easy to put together !! I read some about butternut squash, they have an abundance of Vitamin A and are an excellent source of Antioxidants. So here is my first entry for ARF-5/Tuesday !



Chopped squash - 1.5 cups (cut into 1 inch cubes)
2 Tbl spoon butter, melted
4 Tbl spoon Brown sugar
Salt & pepper to taste.
Toss chopped squash with butter and sugar. Sprinkle salt & peper, lay them out evenly in a cookie sheet.Cook for 30-45 (depending on how soft you want them) minutes,in a 350'F preheated oven. Serve warm. Great as a side dish or as a snack.

3 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Cate said...

One of my favorite ways to eat squash - delicioso!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Ashwini said...

Arthi I like the name of your blog! The squash looks fab. I am also interested in the A-Z series you have planned. Good luck!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Jennywenny said...

try adding a bit of nutmeg, just gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home